Disneyland Park turned 60 this year and it certainly knows how to celebrate in style. Currently the park is glittering in sparkles and diamonds. I was lucky enough to join in with the fun and experience Disneyland in true birthday fashion. I had an incredible time visiting the Happiest Place On Earth and of course made lots of new and unforgettable memories.
So to continue the celebrations, I thought I’d share with you guys some of my favourite features of the park.
- Dole Whip – Being a big Disney fan, I’d always heard about Dole Whips but due to living in the UK and my closest park being Disneyland Paris I’d never gotten to experience one of these pineapple flavoured treats. As soon as I arrived at Disneyland, I knew I had to try one of these! Omg! It was so delicious. It’s basically Pineapple frozen soft serve which you can also order in the form of a Dole Whip Float which comes in a glass of pineapple juice. It was so good!
- Disney Califonia Adventure – DCA is a second park at Disneyland and is probably best known for its iconic Mickey Mouse Ferris Wheel, situated on Paradise Pier. There is so much fun stuff to do and places to explore here, including Radiator Springs from the Pixar movie, Cars. You feel like you’ve jumped straight into the movie as you stroll down Route 66 and pass familiar spots such as The Cozy Cone Motel and Flo’s V8 Cafe. My favourite spot at DCA definitely has to be looking out across the water towards the Mickey Wheel. Which leads me nicely onto my next point…..
- World Of Color – Once night falls over DCA, you can see an audience gather towards the waterfront to watch World Of Color, which is a magical nighttime show. The show consists of water jets that shoot extremely high into the night sky while projections are cast onto the water mist. It’s absolutely beautiful and during the 60th celebrations you can expect to see a special version of the show. There is also a ton of lasers, music and special effects. It’s certainly something not to be missed.
- Rides – This year was my first time visiting Disneyland. So I was determined to try out rides that I hadn’t ridden at the other Disney parks. Everyone needs to ride Indiana Jones Adventure! It’s a dark ride style but pumped full of turbulence as you speed through a lost temple. Another ride I loved because I’m secretly just a little girl at heart, was The Little Mermaid ride. While it’s far from the thrill of Indiana Jones, it takes you on a journey under the sea and through the best scenes of the movie and seeing as TLM is my fave Disney movie….I adored it. I also LOVED Califonia Screamin’. I am a big thrill seeker when it comes to rides. There is nothing I won’t go on and Califonia Screamin’ certainly got my heart racing. It’s an outside roller coaster found at Disney Califonia Adventure park and it’s not to be missed if you’re looking for an adrenaline rush!
- Disneyland Forever – As part of the 60th anniversary celebrations, A new firework show was put in place. I have never experienced magic like Disney fireworks. No matter which park I visit, I always have to watch their fireworks show. Without sounding too cheesy, Disneyland Forever was the best magical moment I have ever had whilst at a Disney park and one I will never forget. If you’re looking for somewhere special to spend with someone you care about and happen to be in the Disney area, I recommend taking them to see these fireworks. I mean….you really can’t go to any Disney park and not see the fireworks! 😀
As Walt Disney once said
“To all that come to this happy place, welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future”
Disneyland really is the happiest place on earth. Young or just young at heart, there is always something new and exciting to enjoy here. I can’t wait to go back ❤